Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The 1947 Project


Boom! What else was going on in 1947?

Came across an interesting blog - if you're into in Los Angeles history

The 1947 Project:

"Los Angeles in 1947 was a social powderkeg. War-damaged returning soldiers
were threatened by a new kind of independant female, who in turn found her
freedoms disappearing as male workers returned to the factories. These conflicts
worked themselves out in dark ways. The Black Dahlia is the most famous victim
of 1947's sex wars, but hardly the only one. The 1947project seeks to document
this pivotal year in L.A., through period reporting and visits to the scenes as
they are today. "

I always like to learn a little about the history of the area I live in- or that I'm visiting (see our Greenwich Village excursion earlier this month.) I work in one of the oldest buildings in Hollywood and I think my apartment was built in or before the 1920s.

I just hope I don't find out that there was a vicious 1947 sex crime committed in my living room!

Found the 1947 Project via www.lablogs.com And they found it here at LA Observed.

Here's what my favorite website wikipedia has on 1947


No comments: