Friday, July 01, 2005

R.I.P. Luther






I like to think I've got varied musical taste, although as I've aged I've started to realize that those people who thought the music I liked as a teenager was deriviative and a little crappy might have been right, because the stuff the kids listen to today (Emo?) is pretty derivative and crappy.

There was a time during my journey as a music lover when I couldn't get enough of Luther Vandross' "Never Too Much". I took pride in memorizing all the lyrics and singing it to myself. I just got hooked on that song, and can still entertain myself imitating his sweet, sweet voice.

It's bad enough Sandra pulled the SCOTUS trigger today for the Further Rise of The Right Wing Nuttery formerly known as the United States...

But for now I'm just going to be sad because Luther Vandross died today.



"I can't fool myself I don't want nobody else to ever love me
You are my shining star my guiding light my love fantasy
There's not a minute hour day or night that I don't love you
You're at the top of my list cuz I'm always thinking of you

Oh my love... a thousand kisses from you is never too much
A million days in your arms is never too much
And I just don't want to stop
Never too much
Never too much
Never too much
Never too much"

No comments: