Sunday, October 24, 2004

Day 2 Meteor Crater, Arizona and the Petrified Forest-Winslow, Arizona to Santa Rosa, New Mexico


Dodging...



Meteor Crater, AZ.


At the museum, Meteor Crater AZ. In keeping with our theme.


crater



Remains of an apocalyptic event. The first thing I thought when I laid eyes on the crater was “it doesn’t look THAT big.” What’s wrong with me?

the all blonde Bush family in their cargo van- i felt a little angry with them. that's not good...

there's the remains of a crashed plane at the bottom of the crater. creepy

nobody died, though. not so creepy. again, what is wrong with me ?

Must say that the avuncular Wilfred-Brimley-Clone tour guide was, perhaps, too avuncular.

AZ-NM

Need some wood?

Petrogylph, Puerco Pueblo, Petrified Forest NP

The Puerco Pueblo ruins. Made me realize what we would miss if we DID die in a nuclear armageddon: a big crater, and a bunch of ruins.



foot

No comments: